Skip to the content

Commercial Property Insurance

Commercial Business buildingCommercial property insurance is a key coverage for business owners, especially when running a home-based business. That’s because it provides more coverage than homeowners insurance. This type of commercial insurance helps protect your business and its physical assets. It can pay your repair or replacement costs if your business property gets damaged or destroyed from a fire, theft or other covered loss.
Also known as business property insurance or commercial real estate insurance, this coverage helps protect your:

  • Building
  • Equipment
  • Tools
  • Inventory
  • Furniture
  • Personal property

Property insurance helps cover the damage or loss of your property, like structures or buildings, and items including equipment, furniture, inventory, supplies and fixtures. It can also help cover the costs to repair or replace stolen, damaged or destroyed property, including property and equipment that isn’t yours but is in your care and custody.

What If I Don’t Own the Building?

In many cases, business owners lease space to run their operations. If you fall into this category, check your lease to review your obligations in terms of insurance. In some cases, sole tenants will be responsible for insuring the building or must continue paying rent even if the space is destroyed. It’s a good idea to review the lease with your insurance agent to confirm the insurance coverage you choose is sufficient and will protect you in the event of damage or loss of the property.

Mouton Insurance Brokerage, Inc. offers no obligation, comparative proposals on commercial insurance from multiple A+ carriers so you can get the best possible coverage at the best possible premium. Get a small business insurance quote today and learn how we can help protect you and your business assets.

Just request a quote to find out coverage and premium options. We can also be reached by contacting us today.